What is CORU’s role?
CORU's role is to protect the public through regulating the health and social care professions listed in the Health and Social Care Professionals Act 2005(as amended).
Currently the act lists 15 professions for regulation.
To regulate the 15 professions, CORU will:
- Set the standards that health and social care professionals must meet
- Ensure that the relevant educational bodies deliver qualifications that prepare professionals to provide safe and appropriate care
- Maintain and publish a Register of health and social care professionals who meet our standards
- Ensure that registered professionals keep their skills up to date by promoting continuing professional development
- Run Fitness to Practise hearings into the conduct and competence of a Registrant