The Minister for Health will shortly be establishing the Psychologists Registration Board under the Health and Social Care Professionals Act 2005 to regulate psychologists working in Ireland.
Expressions of interest are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons interested in being appointed to lay and professional positions on the Registration Board.
Candidates who are psychologists are invited to apply under one or more of the following categories:
- Engaged in the practice of the designated profession
- Engaged, as members of the designated profession, in the management of services provided by it
- Engaged in the State in the education and training of persons with respect to the practice of the designated profession
Candidates who are not psychologists are invited to apply under one or more of the following categories:
- Representative of the management of the public health sector, the social care sector or both sectors
- Representative of the management of a voluntary or private sector organisation concerned with health or social care
- Representative of third level educational establishments in the State involved in the education and training of persons in the practice of the designated profession
- Representative of the interests of the general public
For further information and details on how to apply, please click here to visit the State Boards website.
The closing date for submission of Expressions of Interest is 31 March 2017.