Registration Appeals Process
The Registration Appeals Procedure is as follows:
1. If you wish to appeal a registration board’s decision to refuse your application for registration, you must make your appeal to Council within 30 days of receiving the decision.
2. You must use the Registration Appeal form to set out all the information you wish Council to consider and you must pay the appeal fee of €100.
3. Council may require an expert report from an Independent person to assist it in determining your appeal. You will be provided with a copy of this expert report and if you wish to respond, you will have 14 days to do so.
4. You will be informed of the date when your appeal is listed before Council.
5. You are entitled to attend at the Council meeting when your appeal is being heard. If you choose to attend you may be accompanied and/or represented at the appeal hearing.
6. If you choose not to attend your appeal, the documents and written submissions will be considered by Council.
7. Council will hear your registration appeal.
8. Council will make a determination and will notify you.
9. If Council confirms the registration board’s decision to refuse your application for registration, you will be provided with information on your right of further appeal to the High Court. You have 30 days from the date you receive this notification to appeal to the High Court.