Registration Renewal FAQs
1. How do I renew my registration?
The renewal date for registration is on the anniversary of the opening of the register, e.g. the register for Social Workers opened on May 31 2011, so social workers must renew by 31 May each year. In order to retain your registration you must complete a declaration and pay your annual retention fee.
2. How often do I need to renew my registration?
You must renew your registration annually.
3. How do I know my registration is due for renewal?
Your registration renewal date is printed on your certificate of registration. You will also be reminded by post one month in advance of the renewal date.
4. What happens if I don’t pay my renewal?
If you fail to pay the annual retention fee, the Health and Social Care Professionals Council may, at its absolute discretion, exercise the powers granted under section 40(1) of the Health and Social Care Professionals Act to direct the registration board to remove your name from the register.
5. What is the annual renewal process?
You must complete the annual renewal declaration and pay the fee.
6. How much is the annual retention fee?
The annual retention fee is €100.
7. How do I pay my annual retention fee?
You can pay your annual retention fee online using your PIN number as provided by CORU.
* the fee payable by applicants is €100 despite the cost of the registration/retention fee remaining at €295