Panel of Assessors - Optometrists
CORU would like to invite applications from suitably qualified Optometrists interested in becoming members of the Panel of Assessors for the Optical Registration Board.
We are seeking professional practitioners and academics (educators on relevant professional programmes) as assessors for the Registration Board.
Academic assessors should have a minimum of four years’ professional experience in delivering and evaluating academic training courses in the profession. Additional assessment experience is also desirable.
Professional practitioners should have a minimum of four years professional experience in the profession. Additional assessment experience is also desirable.
Assessors make recommendations to the Registration Board on the following:
- Recognition of International Qualifications applications
- Completed Period of Adaptation reports
- Aptitude Tests
Applications made under Transition Arrangements
- Qualifications for applications made under transitional arrangements
- Assessments of Professional Competence for applicants applying under the transitional arrangements
- Returners to Practice
- Restoration to the register
Full training will be provided. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Panel of Assessors please complete the application form and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on Assessors’ roles and responsibilities, please see the attached policy document.