Apply for Registration
Follow the stages below in order to apply for registration
1. Before you begin your online application
You will need to provide supporting documentation for your application form. Please ensure you have gathered all the required documentation before starting your online application. Further information on the document(s)/ information required are available in the Guidance Notes.
- Certified copy of Passport photograph page or
- Certified copy of new Irish Driving Licence card (issued since January 2013) or
- Certified copy of Public Services Card - issued by Department of Social Protection
And if applicable certified copy of evidence of change of name.
- Certified copy of your qualification certificate and also transcript if required (refer to Guidance Notes) or
- If you hold an international qualification, a copy of your recognition/ validation letter
- Completed and signed eVetting Invitation Form
- Certified copy of certificate of criminal clearance for each country outside of Ireland where you have lived for more than 1 year
- If you are an existing practitioner applying under transitional arrangements - proof of practice for a total of two of the five years up to the opening date of your register (Proof of Professional Employment Form)
Note: there are specific requirements for private practitioners (please refer to Guidance Notes).
In addition, you will need
- Two passport sized photographs
To complete your online application you will also be required to provide
2. Information needed to complete the online application form
When you start to complete the online application form you will need to have the following information available:
- Your name and contact address
- Your email address
- Your mobile telephone number
- Your PPS Number
- Your Passport Number
- Your employment details
- Your membership of regulatory/ professional bodies
- Your qualification details
3. Apply online
When you apply for registration, you will need to select the register and division and enter your e-mail address. It is better if you use a personal e-mail address rather than a work e-mail address.
Once you have entered your e-mail address, you will be sent a link to enter a password. You can then login with that e-mail address and complete the online part of your application.
Click here to apply for registration (first time applicants)
4. Submit your documents
Please note that the processing of your online application cannot be commenced until CORU receives your certified supporting documents.
IMPORTANT: You have 30 days to submit these documents from the time you complete your online application. If you do not provide the documents within the required timeframe your application will be closed and you will need to make a new application and pay a new fee.
As part of your application you must download and complete the following documents:
- eVetting Invitation Form
- Proof of Professional Employment Form (if applicable)
- Statutory Declaration Form (to be sworn by oath)
Now you must
- Photocopy all the relevant documents for which we require certified copies that you are providing in support of your application.
- Take the originals and copies to a notary public/ solicitor/ commissioner for oaths/ peace commissioner to get the copies certified as true copies.
- While at the notary public/ solicitor/ commissioner for oaths/ peace commissioner's office, have the statutory declaration completed and sworn under oath.
- The application cover page available for printing at the end of the online process will have your unique reference number on it. You will complete this and post with the relevant additional forms and supporting documentation.
- Submit all your supporting documentation and completed cover page within 30 days of completing your online application to: Registration Section, CORU, Infinity Building, George's Court, George's Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7, D07 E98Y.
Customer Service Support
Should you need clarification on any issues in relation to your application you can email email@example.com or telephone 01 293 3160.