Assessors Required for Optical Registration Board
CORU would like to invite applications from suitably qualified individuals interested in becoming a member of the Panel of Assessors for the Optical Registration Board. We are seeking Dispensing Optician and Optometrist academic assessors (educators/ practitioners on professional programmes) as assessors.
Academic assessors should have a minimum of five years’ professional experience in the delivering and evaluating of academic training courses in the relevant profession. Any additional assessment experience is also desirable.
The expertise and assistance of the assessors will be used to make recommendations to the Board on the following:
- Applications made under Transition Arrangements
- Qualifications for for applications made under transitional arrangements
- Assessments of Professional Competence for applicants applying under the transitional arrangements
- International Applications
- Recognition of International Qualifications applications
- Completed Period of Adaptation
- Aptitude Tests
- Returners to Practice
- Restoration to the register
Full training will be provided. If you are interested in becoming a member of the Panel of Assessors please send a CV and covering letter, highlighting your experience and qualifications, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information on Assessors’ roles and responsibilities, please see the attached policy document.