Public Consultation on Election of Members to the Medical Scientists Registration Board Bye Law 2022
The Medical Scientists Registration Board has opened a public consultation on a draft bye-law governing the election of members for appointment to the Medical Scientists Registration Board.
The Medical Scientists Registration Board is responsible for protecting the public by promoting high standards of professional conduct, education, training and competence through the statutory registration of medical scientists.
Details of Bye-Law:
The Board is required by the Health and Social Care Professionals Act 2005 (as amended) to make a bye-law to set out the conduct of elections for the appointment of members to the Board.
The draft bye-law sets out:
- The form of elections and voting system
- Role of the Returning Officer
- The nominations procedure and categories of candidates
- Ballot papers
- The counting of votes
- Declaration of result
To read the text of the bye-law, please click on the link below
How to submit your views:
- By completing the online consultation feedback form which can be found for the bye-law by clicking on the corresponding link below:
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- In writing to: Public Consultation, CORU, Infinity Building, George’s Court, George’s Lane, Smithfield, Dublin 7, D07 E98Y
A report outlining the consultation process will be published on www.coru.ie following consideration of all submissions.
The consultation process will close at 5pm on Friday 5 August 2022. Submissions received after this time will not be considered.