Frequently Asked Questions - Vetting
Is there any help provided for completing the application?
How long does the Garda National Vetting Bureau (NVB) Vetting take?
Will I have to be Garda / NVB Vetted?
What does eVetting involve?
You are required to complete the eVetting process with the National Vetting Bureau as it is a requirement of registration.
eVetting will involve the following steps:
- Download eVetting Invitation Form (NVB1). The eVetting Invitation Form is available for registration applicants on the online application system. Click here to log in (for existing applicants) and click here to apply for registration (for new applicants).
- Complete eVetting Invitation Form.
- Attach proof of identity and current address to completed eVetting Invitation Form.
- Post completed eVetting Invitation Form and attachments to CORU.
- You will receive an email inviting you to apply for vetting online (within 1 week).
- Follow the link in the email to complete the eVetting Application Form (NVB2) online.
- You will be notified by e-mail when the eVetting outcome has been received by CORU.
For more detailed information about the eVetting Process, please see the Guidance Notes.